Chlorhexidine Mouthwash

Chlorhexidine (CHX) mouthwash is one of the most effective antimicrobial mouthwashes in dentistry and beneficial in the prevention and treatment of variety of oral disease such as gingivitis, periodontitis and other inflammatory conditions. CHX is an antibacterial ingredient in mouthwash which reduces dental plaque and oral bacteria. As an antimicrobial agent, CHX is effective in vitro against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria (aerobes and an aerobes), yeast and fungi. Bacterial plaque is one of the major etiologic agents involved in the initiation and progression of periodontal disease so chlorhexidine oral rinse is useful for prevention and treatment of periodontal disease. Moreover, chlorhexidine mouthwash is recommended to oral surgery.


  • Maintenance of proper oral hygiene
  • Post oral surgery care
  • Antimicrobial and control of dental plaque
  • As an immediate prophylactic rinse in the prevention of post extraction bacteremia
  • Control of recurrent oral ulceration
  • Treatment of oral infection and acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis
  • Treatment of stomatitis

How does Vi-one Chlorhexidine 0.2% Mouthwash work?

Antimicrobial activity:
Chlorhexidine (CHX) is a cationic molecule which helps it bind to bacterial cell wall containing negative charge, and killing it by instability of bacterial cell membrane. The mechanism of action for fungi is very similar to bacteria.

  1. The effective blocking of salivary glycoproteins will reduce formation of acquired pellicle
  2. Reduced ability of bacteria for binding to tooth surface

Why use Vi-one Chlorhexidine 0.2% Mouthwash?

Vi-one Chlorhexidine 0.2% Mouthwash is alcohol free. Moreover, this mouthwash contains xylitol. Xylitol is harmless sweetener and helps to prevent tooth decay with:

  1. Not being fermented by bacterial plaque
  2. Stimulation of Saliva secretion
  3. Neutralization of plaque
  4. Strengthening remineralization of enamel


Use twice daily, 15 ml of the undiluted product for 1 minute. It is advised not to consume any food and drink until at least half an hour after rinse.


Do not swallow this mouthwash!


Using this rinse more than 3 weeks will cause:

  1. Stain on the teeth and other oral areas
  2. Change in taste